Subject: Re: Upgrading across platforms
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Criddle <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 1995 04:55:52 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, Steve Criddle wrote:

> You got a response from NewTek?  From what I've heard, you must be in the
> minority there.  I wrote to NewTek back in October (when I sent in my
> registration card), and I asked a few things, including whether I could
> upgrade across platforms.  I even included some IRCs, so they wouldn't have
> to spend money on stamps.  I haven't heard a dicky-bird from them.  I have
> heard from members of the club I'm in (based in Glasgow, Scotland), that this
> is quite common.  I don't know if this is because we are outside the US.

I dunno about the outside of the US thing, but I do remeber them giving
new meaning to the phrase Snail Mail.  If you want really quick responses,
try the NewTek BBS (should be in the LW 3.5 manual:  # is 1-913-271-9299).
 I know, that's a LOT more expensive call from Scotland, but you'll have a
response within a week at most, more likly 3 days.  Just leave the SysOp,
CHuck Baker, some mail.  He;a always good at these thing.  Hope this helps
(a little...)

-- Joe

BTW, he's been dealing with the upgrade issue recently.  you might want to
qwk DL the message base to your system and flip through it a bit.  Also,
the BBS is located in Kansas, an the board just recently had a system
crash, so I'd wait a few days before call, as they are supposed to be
going multi-line with better support and new BBS software.